- Plan and prepare lessons in relation to individual students’ needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teach music theory, aural skills, sight reading and practical techniques to students.
- Asses students’ abilities, provide feedback and compile reports.
- Create and maintain a safe and motivating learning environment
- Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Music.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
- Encourage students to take part in recitals, competitions, concerts, choirs, student bands, international examination boards etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in music or music education. Proficient in English – verbal and written
- Professional in at least one (1) musical instrument with a solid foundation in music theory.
- Teachers who can also teach piano or another musical instrument, at a beginner level, will be given preference.
- Teachers who have Experience of teaching the International Examination Boards: ABRSM, TRINITY.
- Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher and performer.
- Demonstrate passion for and experience in teaching young beginners and adults.
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Ability to work during working hours as well as additional hours for planning meetings, professional development, scheduled concerts or examinations.
- Interest and ability to be a role model to students and parents as an artist, teacher and scholar and to encourage students to develop holistically.
- Basic IT knowledge.
How to Apply ?
Send your CV to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by the HR Department for a pre-screening telephone conversation. If you are not contacted by WMDI, your application has unfortunately not been successful